1. Start by briefly reading through the paper as this allows you to subconsciously think about future questions. If you like you can jot down some short notes as you go. DON’T SPEND MORE THAN 10 MINUTES DOING THIS.
2. It is a good idea to start with your favourite question to settle any nerves.
3. Then you work through the paper tracking your time as you go. DON’T GET BOGGED DOWN OR LOSE TRACK OF TIME.
4. Read each question more than once highlighting any important information for finishing the question e.g. write your answer to three significant figures or find the coordinates. These are simple marks that can be lost at the end of questions completed correctly .
5. Show all workings – if you solve a problem using your calculator write out some or all of the steps taken.
6. NEVER EVER leave a blank answer – THE ONLY REALLY “STUPID” ANSWER IS A BLANK ANSWER! “Attempt” marks can add up to better grades!
7. Before leaving a question make sure you have answered everything required.